For a long time now I've had my start button doubling as an action button (I disabled restarting a game, and then made the start button trigger the action button code snippet once the ball has been plunged), which has been a bit annoying, and hopefully is part of the reason why playtesters keep forgetting I have an action button (doh!). I've also been stealing a lockdown bar from my Whirlwind whenever I do playtesting because... I don't have a lockdown bar for this game!
What I did have though is a really rusty spare lockdown bar sitting around. So I sandblasted it, then following McSquid's advice from his Sonic homebrew, drilled a hole in the bar, painted it black, and successfully mounted a flipper button in it using a 3d printed bracket.
Then I had to get a switch in there!
No problem, just drill two holes in the receiver to mount it, and then squeeze a switch in (with less than 1mm of spare room), snake some wires down, and wire it up. Working good so far, we'll see how it holds up during play